Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Maybe This Time It Will Stick

I think this is the fourth blog I have tried to start. Sometimes, I think 'Hey! This is cool! I should show people this stuff," but then I get distracted by something else and the blog just sits there. I started one for my art, but really didn't feel like talking about it (which is kind of the point of a blog, right?) so I ditched it. I started one for making beauty products, like lotion and deodorant, but I found that there are only so many variations of beeswax, shea butter, and oil that I felt are worth sharing and so I ditched that blog. Then, I started a blog about doing art for fun and for therapy, but I'm really not a consistent person. I can't focus on one topic or theme for too long, because I get incredibly bored and antsy. 

The birth of Messy Ever After happened. I made a lace and bead headband last night and decided, "Hey Kelly, you make a lot of random things. How about you just throw it all together." And that's what I have decided to do.I am going to document a lot of the random stuff I do just because I have to make myself feel like it serves a purpose. If I don't take pictures and put it online, did it really happen? Does my life have meaning?! 

Maybe you will get something out of what I show you. I hope so. But, until I post anything else on here (Let's hope I actually do.) you can go to my other website that I sometimes update to shamelessly promote my art. 

I will leave you with a photo of my art (more shameless self promotion, because a girl has got to put herself out there!) Maybe someday I will do a tutorial on how to use various art supplies. Like alcohol inks, which is what I used for the reds below! Mainly, crafters use them for card making and tile coasters, but I think they are quite dandy for art. 

Well, this is a good start. Tootles, and bid me good luck on actually sticking to something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment